Capital Improvement Projects
The City of Aspen is a tourist-based community which experiences an increasingly abundant level of visitors seasonally. With the help of the community, we determine the need for capital improvement projects. Here you will find a list of past, present, and future projects.
- Hallam Garmish Storm Pipe & Water Main Replacement Project –
Starting May 22, storm water infrastructure will be replaced and modified to alleviate drainage issues. Work will begin on Hallam Street beginning at 1st Street and moving east towards Garmisch. Please http://aspen.gov/1449/hallam-and-garmisch click here Current Projects for more information and updates. https://www.aspencommunityvoice.com/paepcketransithub https://www.aspencommunityvoice.com/paepcketransithub https://www.aspencommunityvoice.com/paepcketransithub https://www.aspencommunityvoice.com/paepcketransithub https://www.aspencommunityvoice.com/paepcketransithub https://www.aspencommunityvoice.com/paepcketransithub
- Paepcke Transit Hub – Please visit this link for the overview of this project.
- Construction begins April 10 on S. Garmisch adjacent to Molly Gibson Lodge – click here for more information.
- Many facets were completed in 2022 including:
- All underground utilities have been installed and connected.
- New pedestrian connections have been completed including the new Main St. crossing that involves the new pedestrian refuge island.
- New bus stops along Main St. and S. Garmisch have been completed.
- The outbound bus shelter is 99% complete with some minor finishing touches to be completed this spring.
- Pervious paver pads have been installed for summer WE-Cycle stations and public bike racks.
- The EV charging station for Car to Go has been installed along Paepcke Park and the public EV charging station should be up and running this spring.
- Ongoing Maintenance Projects
- Annual Bike Lane Striping
- Annual Bridge Maintenance
In Design/Planning & Future Projects
- http://castlecreekbridge.com/ 2023 – Street Improvement Projects
- 2023 - Roundabout Study
- 2022 - Galena Cooper Living Lab – This pilot project was completed fall 2022. Council directed staff to explore permanent improvements for this corridor. Design alternatives will be developed and presented late 2023 or early 2024.
- 2020 - Park Circle Pedestrian Improvements
- 2019 - King St Drainage
- 2019 - Pedestrian Improvements at Spring and Main St
- 2018 - Pedestrian Improvements at Galena and Main St
- 2017 - Castle Creek Bridge Project
- 2017 - Prockter Open Space Water Quality Improvements Conceptual (PDF)
- 2016 - Neale Avenue - Pedestrian Stormwater and Herron Park Conceptual (PDF)
- 2014 - Hopkins Pedestrian Connectivity Construction Drawings (PDF)
- 2014 - Continuously Operating Reference Station (CORS)
- 2014 - Rio Grande Park - Stormwater Improvement Project
- 2014 - Mill Complete Streets Project Preferred Option (PDF)
- 2014 - Gondola Plaza Improvements Exhibit (PDF)
- 2010 - Jennie Adair Refreshening Water Supply Project