Do I need a Business License?

All vendors selling or promoting their business must be licensed with the City of Aspen.

Temporary Business Licenses for Vendors:

A temporary business license is designed for those conducting business within the City of Aspen on a temporary basis, and it is cheaper and easier to obtain than an annual business license.

  • Temporary Business Licenses are valid for a maximum of 7 days. 
  • If you only anticipate participating as a vendor in a special event for a limited period of time, the Temporary Business License is most likely your best option.



7 Day Temporary License -      $50.00

Not-for-Profit Organization -      $0.00


Apply for a Temporary Business License:

Complete the following online application form


City of Aspen
Finance Department
427 Rio Grande Place
Aspen, CO 81611

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Special Event Permit?
2. Are there fees for obtaining an event permit?
3. What are the requirements to serve Alcohol at a Special Event?
4. What if my event is serving food?
5. Do I need a Business License?
6. Do I need a Tent Permit?
7. What are the Insurance requirements when hosting a Special Event?
8. Are there noise restrictions for my event?
9. What about parking for my event?
10. How do I arrange banners/flags on Main Street?
11. How do I apply for a photography or filming permit?
12. What if there are last minute changes to my event plan?
13. What is ZGreen and how does this relate to my event?