What if my event is serving food?

If you are serving food at a public event, you must have a current Retail Food Service License and fill out the Temporary Event Food Service Application Form which can be found here: 

Temporary Food Service Application

Requirements for Serving Food at a Public Event: 

  • Temporary Event Food Service Application must be submitted at least 14 days prior to the event.
  • Temporary hand washing stations must be supplied by the vendor or event coordinator.
  • Only limited preparation is allowed on-site:
    • Slicing, dicing and washing of raw produce must be done in a licensed facility.
    • No raw meat, poultry, fish or eggs can be prepared on-site.
  • Out of town vendors must have a local commissary within 30 minutes of the event and obtain an approval letter from that commissary.
  • All waste must be disposed of properly - dumping waste water into storm drains is not allowed.
  • All Colorado Retail Food Regulations still apply.


Contact Us:

Submit your application and direct any questions to:


Environmental Health Specialist
(970) 920-5075
City Hall; 2nd Floor
130 S. Galena St.
Aspen, CO 81611
Monday – Friday 8:00am-5:00pm


Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Special Event Permit?
2. Are there fees for obtaining an event permit?
3. What are the requirements to serve Alcohol at a Special Event?
4. What if my event is serving food?
5. Do I need a Business License?
6. Do I need a Tent Permit?
7. What are the Insurance requirements when hosting a Special Event?
8. Are there noise restrictions for my event?
9. What about parking for my event?
10. How do I arrange banners/flags on Main Street?
11. How do I apply for a photography or filming permit?
12. What if there are last minute changes to my event plan?
13. What is ZGreen and how does this relate to my event?