What are the Insurance requirements when hosting a Special Event?

Liability insurance coverage must be provided for all Special Events hosted within the City limits and the City of Aspen must be listed as an additional insured.  If your event includes alcohol, a minimum liquor liability coverage of $1,000,000 must be included.  Commercial general liability insurance is required in the following minimum amounts $1,000,000 each occurrence; $2,000,000 aggregate


Obtain General Liability Insurance:

If you do not already have adequate coverage, the City may be able to assist applicants in obtaining liability insurance.


For additional information, please contact:

Tara Nelson
City Attorney's Office
City of Aspen
City Hall; 2nd Floor
130 S. Galena St
Aspen, CO 81611
(970) 920-5059

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Special Event Permit?
2. Are there fees for obtaining an event permit?
3. What are the requirements to serve Alcohol at a Special Event?
4. What if my event is serving food?
5. Do I need a Business License?
6. Do I need a Tent Permit?
7. What are the Insurance requirements when hosting a Special Event?
8. Are there noise restrictions for my event?
9. What about parking for my event?
10. How do I arrange banners/flags on Main Street?
11. How do I apply for a photography or filming permit?
12. What if there are last minute changes to my event plan?
13. What is ZGreen and how does this relate to my event?