FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, please contact:
William Porter, Communications Director
Opportunities Still Available for Affordable Housing Units at Aspen's Burlingame Ranch Phase III; Applications Encouraged
ASPEN, COLORADO — August 16, 2023 — The Aspen-Pitkin County Housing Authority (APCHA) is thrilled to announce the overwhelming response to the newly-built affordable housing units at Burlingame Ranch Phase III. Since early August, over 700 bids have been submitted for 74 available units across all income categories.
Phase III Details:
- High-income earners: Eligible for category 5, three-bedroom units. Bidding and lottery extended to Oct. 6.
- Other ownership units: Qualification packets accepted until Sept. 8 for the third and fourth rounds of lotteries.
- First two rounds: Still open for approved bidders. Deadlines are Sept. 6 and Sept. 15.
Burlingame Ranch Overview:
- Community: Home to over 400 individuals and families, the largest City-developed affordable housing subdivision.
- Development: Completed in three phases, now adding 74 multifamily units.
- Location: 3.5 miles from downtown Aspen off Harmony Road.
- Pricing: Based on 2022 gross incomes, aligned with the Maximum Sale Prices for Newly Deed-Restricted Ownership Units as of January 1, 2023.
"The strong interest in Burlingame Ranch Phase III reflects the demand for affordable housing in Aspen. We have opportunities available, especially for high-income earners eligible for category 5, three-bedroom units, and I encourage eligible community members to apply,” said Matthew Gillen, Executive Director of APCHA. “Burlingame Ranch is truly an inclusive community, with residents at all income levels, from those who work in the service and hospitality industries to professionals in the business sector. APCHA and the City are proud to offer such a range of housing types for our diverse community."
Burlingame Ranch, nestled 3.5 miles from downtown Aspen off Harmony Road, has completed its development in three distinct phases. The first and second phases brought 84 and 82 multifamily units respectively, along with a combined 11 single-family homes, to the APCHA's affordable housing roster.
Income categories are based on 2022 gross incomes. This final phase concludes over two decades of city initiatives, marking a milestone in Aspen's commitment to inclusivity and prosperity. For more information, please visit APCHA.org.