If you are contemplating any construction in the commercial core there can potentially be many unique challenges involved with obtaining a building permit and/or conducting business.
These challenges can involve, but are not limited to:
- Commercial Design standards
- Dynamic Zoning Restrictions
- Historic Preservation Approval
- Restrictive Hours and Dates of Construction
- Unique Land Use Approval Process(es)
We strongly encourage all applicants to hold a pre-application conference with a Planner in the Community Development Department so that any questions regarding the unique requirements for building within the Commercial Core can be addressed.
Contact the Planner of the Day by calling 970-429-2764, or email the Planner of the Day.