NOTE: Refund checks will be mailed to successful applications AFTER the submission period closes on April 18th, 2023.
TO QUALIFY FOR THE 2022 FOOD SALES TAX REFUND ALL APPLICANTS MUST:
- Submit the Food Sales Tax Refund application by 5pm April 18, 2023
- Have resided within the Aspen city limits for the full 2022 year (1/1/22-12/31/22)
- Have been registered to vote in the City of Aspen the full 2022 year (1/1/22-12/31/22)
- Be able to prove residency within Aspen city limits for 2022 and if still living within the City, provide proof that your current address is the same as your registered voter address.
ACCEPTED PROOF OF ADDRESS DOCUMENTS - MUST DETAIL A PHYSICAL ADDRESS (i.e. NO PO boxes)
- January and/or December utility bill
- Lease or rental contract
- Bank Statement
FAQs (Please read for further clarification)
All applicants will be required to be a registered voter in the City of Aspen to qualify for the food sales tax refund. If you are not currently a registered voter, the City recommends you register to avoid any issues for future applications.
*Any resident who is barred from registering to vote due to non-citizenship or due to a felony conviction shall provide alternative proof of residency, as may be required by the Finance Director for the full calendar year.